Monday, November 6, 2017

Batting Pitchers: 2016 Topps Now Adam Wainwright



It's been a really long time since I've found another card to add to my small themed subset collection I have of batting pitchers. This 2016 Topps Now card beautiful captures the Cardinals pitcher smacking a double in the top of the 12th inning on June 10, 2016, scoring runners on first and second. The Cardinals would go on to win the game 9-3.

I don't normally buy Topps Now cards of players other than Braves, but for me this was an easy decision despite the $9.99 price tag. 1) the card meets all the guidelines for my batting pitchers collection and 2) he's yet another outspoken athlete that isn't afraid to share his faith with his fellow team members and the fans. Great all around guy (who ironically enough was drafted/traded by the Braves) and a great card commemorating him helping w/ his bat win a game.

2 comments:

  1. There are few thrills in baseball like a pitcher coming through at the plate. Excellent pick up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool idea for a collection. I always enjoyed seeing Greg Maddux cards that pictured him batting. Seemed like card companies would at least include one or two of them each year.

    ReplyDelete